Join as Artist or Gallery
The 2021 Sunshine Coast Art Crawl showcased artists from Earls Cove to Langdale in a drop-in Covid Regulations way and was hugely successful.
We all look forward with great optimism on what may await us for next year’s Art Crawl to be held OCTOBER 21, 22, 23, 2022 .
2022 VENUE FEE :
$145.00. Must be paid by July 15, 2022. After July 15th a late fee of $20 will be charged).
Applications will close according to space available.
All participating artists must be a member of the Coast Cultural Alliance at time of application.
$45 individual | $60 non-profit | $99 business
Update Info for the Art Crawl 2022
Art Crawl Artists will automatically be featured through their individual member listings on the Sunshine Coast Art Crawl website sunshinecoastartcrawl.com. Artists can have enhanced listings that profile the artist, the artwork, demos, virtual studio tours and more.
Artists may choose to create a time for a demo/chat with crawlers; at a time of their choice, and on the social media platform of your choice. This information can be added to your listing. Having a live component to connect directly with your viewers can be an asset for future sales. CCA has provided instructional videos (below) and tech help for those who may need assistance.
We are keeping our options open in case of any setback in the ‘Restart Plan’ by continuing to offer the options of Appointment Only and Virtual Only.
Therefore, Artists may choose to exhibit their work in their HOME/PRIVATE STUDIO Open “By Appointment” following the Provincial Health guidelines in place at the time or ‘Virtually Only’.
Watch our site and newsletter for any updates if necessary mid September.
- All venues must be open from 10 am to 5 pm on October 21, 22, 23, 2022.
- If there are no setbacks to the Restart program, Live Friday Night openings, 7 to 9pm will go ahead.
LISTING OPTIONS INCLUDE:
1 By drop in – (includes web listing) Following current Provincial Health Guidelines.
2 By Appointment: (includes web listing) for those who will open their studio by appointment following current Provincial Health Guidelines.
3 Virtual Only : (website listing only) for those who choose not to be open in person.
- create member/venue listing on sunshinecoastartcrawl.com to include: bio, links to your website, social media, contact information; 10 images of your art work; upload a video of you and/or your studio/work (provided by you .. newly created or using anything you have already)
- provide a website that is mobile friendly on ALL platforms
- publish a high quality printed brochure and map made widely available (also available online)
- provide venue numbers signs and directional signs for your venue
- provide sign-in sheets for Crawlers for our (CCA) record keeping
- provide a check list for everything you need for a great drop-in and virtual presence
- provide a how to video to best set up and present your “about your work” video and images
- provide video tutorial session for beginners Instagram, advanced Instagram, setting up your Facebook Page
- provide a list of hashtags and accounts to tag for Instagram users
- provide link to ‘how to take’ good images your work
- provide a contact to our videographer to shoot your work if requested
- provide online tech assistance (within reason)
- create a strong social media campaign to draw virtual Crawlers to the Art Crawl
- provide other online and print promotional advertising
- There will be NO Passports this year. We are working on a prize offer to Crawlers filling out an online ‘Crawler feedback Survey’.
- Virtual Only venues will NOT have their physical address displayed
- be required to have 70% of your product created by yourself or Sunshine Coast artists in your venue
- be a local resident who has a local Sunshine Coast address
- be open from 10:00am – 5:00pm on Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- provide/update/upload high quality images and content for your web listing (how to links from CCA listed below)
- strongly suggest you provide a short video of your work to be part of your on-line (virtual) listing.
- NOTE: This is a great opportunity if you currently do not have a website or social media presence, consider your CCA member listing as a link to your work. (‘how to’ links provided)
- collect signatures from Crawlers on sign-in sheets provided
- track sales (online forms provided and strictly confidential)
- help promote the Crawl through your own list of contacts and social media
- be part of an exciting arts and culture event to bring buyers and browsers to the Sunshine Coast during the shoulder tourist season and the upcoming holiday season
TIPS for a Studio to be ‘Inviting and Safe’ – click here.
‘How To’ – Videos and Links
Please come back for more updates as they are released.
- Tips & Tricks for Art Photography. Click HERE for the video by KP Productions
- How to photograph your art – online video – 2D against a wall (4 min)
- How to photograph product with a cell phone – online video – 2D or 3D (2.30 min)
- Katherine’s Tips for making a Video – Click HERE for the video by KP Productions
- Tips for making a Video – Click HERE for pdf file
- How to make a YouTube Channel HERE (starting at 1:45)
- How to make a Vimeo Channel HERE
- How to use Instagram HERE
- How to use Instagram Stories HERE
- How to use Facebook Pages HERE
If you were in the 2021 Art Crawl Brochure
Check your CCA membership account to see the status of your membership by logging in to your account here. Payment for renewal can be made directly online, by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (no password needed) or cheque by mail to: Coast Cultural Alliance, 4638 Sunshine Coast Hwy, Sechelt BC V7Z 0E5.
If you have any changes to your 2021 text or image for the printed brochure, please send by email to email@example.com
New to the Crawl and currently a member?
Not a member?
Please fill out the member/art crawl application form here.
Once you have registered and paid you can upload up to 10 images directly to your profile page on the website.
For all participating artists please send the high resolution image (1″wide x .78″ high @ 300dpi) and the EXACT 260 CHARACTER description (including name, address (for appointment and public venues only), social media and or website) you want to be used as your listing in the printed brochure to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAN A GROUP OF US JOIN TOGETHER?
The following guidelines apply to the types of Art Crawl Participants:
Individual: one artist presenting in a studio, home, etc…
- Must be a paid CCA member – $45 annual
- Will receive one Art Crawl brochure listing, one venue # sign and on-line listing for $135
Group: more than one artist presenting in a studio, home, etc…
- All members of this Group must be a paid CCA member ($45)
- The Group will receive one art crawl venue # sign, one brochure listing with image and one on-line listing for $145 – if other artists in the group wish to have an individual venue #, brochure listing and on-line listing it will be $145 for each additional listing
Existing Gallery, Business, non-profit or Co-op
- Must be a paid CCA member ($60 for non-profit)
- Will receive one Art Crawl venue # and sign, brochure listing with image and one on-line listing for $145
- if other artists in the group wish to have a individual venue # and sign, brochure listing and on-line listing it will be $145 for each additional listing
The Coast Cultural Alliance (CCA) recommends that each artist have liability insurance for their studio/venue. The CCA does not provide insurance for artists. If you have insurance on your studio/venue, we advise you to contact your insurer or insurance broker to let them know about the event and ensure you have coverage.
We are happy to have the support of Sunshine Coast Tourism and this event has become the focus of their Fall for the Arts extensive tourism campaign. This support will benefit artists with the marketing efforts of the event reaching audiences beyond the Sunshine Coast.
CCA MEMBER BENEFITS:
- Year-round inclusion on the CCA website member’s gallery with a profile, 10 images, contact information, email, links to your website and social media
- Inclusion of events in the CCA weekly newsletter: Featured Artists, work referrals, current grants information, event and show updates. This newsletter is also sent to info centres, the B&B community, and media outlets to inform locals and visitors about CCA member activities.
- Free event/workshop/gallery listing(s) in the monthly CCA Events Calendar
- Opportunity to participate in the Purple Banner and Sunshine Coast Art Crawl
- Opportunity to join Closed CCA facebook page to share comments and ideas
- Opportunity to attend FREE Peer to Peer Mentoring Virtual Series